There’s a lot of very helpful information packed into less than seven and a half minutes, and it’s particularly worth visiting the YouTube page for a very comprehensive list of “further reading references”.
I was also interested to come across Bill and Melinda Gates’ 2018 Annual Letter. It’s entitled The 10 Toughest Questions We Get. The questions are answered with graphs, videos and margin notes.
- Why don’t you give more in the United States?
- What do you have to show for the billions you’ve spent on U.S. education?
- Why don’t you give money to fight climate change?
- Are you imposing your values on other cultures?
- Does saving kids’ lives lead to overpopulation?
- How are President Trump’s policies affecting your foundation’s work?
- Why do you work with corporations?
- Is it fair that you have so much influence?
- What happens when the two of you disagree?
- Why are you really giving your money away—what’s in it for you?