Last April Questions for Pseudoscience published an informative video on the very nasty, dangerous, bogus skin cancer “treatment” known generally as Black Salve.
Main points might be summed up as;
- It isn’t anti-tumour cream.
- It is anti-skin cream.
- It kills tissue via the caustic salt zinc chloride (listed by the FDA as a fake skin cancer treatment) and sanguinarine (a toxic alkaloid).
- The combination of zinc chloride and sanguinarine is “incredibly lethal to living tissue”.
- Apart from burning skin due to its caustic nature zinc chloride adversely effects other body organs and systems (eyes, G.I. tract, lungs).
- Sanguinarine blocks sodium potassium pumps located in the cell membrane, killing cells.
- The ridiculous myth peddled by proponents of Black Salve is that cell death can be controlled by removing the salve at just the right time so that only cancer cells are effected.
- However once begun the process continues leading to widespread necrosis. As cells die, enzymes are released leading to the breakdown of neighbouring cell membranes.
- A domino effect follows leading to widespread cell death.
- Thus Black Salve is really a Pro-Necrotic Agent and will kill any tissue it comes into contact with.
In March 2012 we visited the issue of AVN selling the One Answer To Cancer DVD – a blatantly bogus promotion of Black Salve. The post included the banning of this dangerous product by Australia’s TGA, (Therapeutic Goods Administration).
The TGA at that time issued a warning on Black Salve, which was covered by the ABC’s The World Today.
- Listen to the audio in the player below;
- Or download the mp3 file here.